Custom Crush Services
The team behind Walsh Family Wine offers full in-house custom crush services for vineyards in Virginia, Maryland, and beyond. We work with clients who are entering the wine industry, and also existing wineries looking for production space. Our sevices can be fine-tuned to your needs, and include the following:
- Product Planning – creating a product plan for your needs
- Developing desired wine SKUs (products)
- Inventory estimations
- Determining stylistic preferences for each wine
- Creating a “Pre-Harvest Winemaking Plan” for each product
- Sourcing outside fruit (if needed)
- Vineyard Visits – keeping your vineyard efficient and productive
- Our winemaking team will coordinate visits to your vineyard as needed to assist in seasonal decisions leading to your desired style of wine. This is one of the most important aspects to creating the style of wine you would like produced.
- Winemaking & Processing – making your wine
- Our team will receive, process, ferment, age, blend, filter, and bottle your wine as part of the agreement.
- All processing, additions, lab work, labor, equipment, and oversight required in winemaking are included.
- Lab Work – monitoring your wine
- We offer a full-service in-house lab for quality control purposes. All lab work is included in the agreement.
- Transparency and Communication – keeping you up to date
- Clients receive a unique login to access their wine database, including real time updates on winemaking, lab results, inventories, and notes from our team.
- Clients receive a monthly email detailing current bulk and finished wine inventory.
- Clients will be invited to quarterly tastings of their wines to assess status and make blending/bottling decisions.
To learn more about Custom Crush winemaking services, please contact our Technical Director, Nate Walsh, at firstname.lastname@example.org